ABSTRACT Submission Guidelines
The HCV2018 Organising Committee encourages all interested individuals to attend the symposium and to submit abstracts for oral and/or poster presentation.
Please read the guidelines and terms & conditions below before you submit.
- We welcome all interested individuals to submit abstracts.
- The Presenting Author must register for the Symposium prior to submitting an abstract.
- Once registered, you will receive a link to the Online Abstract Submission System. Presenting Authors will be required to create an account on the submission system and submit an abstract for review according to the guidelines set out below. (Please click here to read the instructions on “How to use the Online Abstract Submission System”.)
- The first author listed for each abstract is considered to be the Presenting Author who will be the primary contact for all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the deadline of May 23rd, 2018 at 23.59 hrs (GMT). No abstracts will be accepted after this deadline.
An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the Symposium in one of the following categories:
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
Sessions Themes (Topics)
The themes (topics) for each of the sessions are listed below. You must submit your abstract under one of the following:
- Patient Registries & Treatment Outcomes– lessons learnt from patient cohorts, treatment outcomes and drug resistance
- Virus-host Interactions and the Immune Response – interactions between the virus and host cells, innate and adaptive immunity
- Viral Entry, Replication & Morphogenesis – molecular details of the virus life cycle
- Vaccines & Antiviral Agents– from novel target discovery to clinical intervention
- Emerging & Related Viruses– the biology, clinical relevance, immunology and pathogenesis of other Flaviviridae family members
- Systems Biology and ’Omic Analyses of Viral Infection- computational analysis linking host and virus genomic, transcriptomic and other ‘omic data to clinical response
- Global Challenges– international and national approaches to prevention, treatment, eradication and related viral threats
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma & Pathogenesis– liver disease and HCC in acute and chronic infection
All abstract submissions must be made electronically through the HCV2018 Online Abstract Submission System. Abstracts not submitted through the Submission System will not be considered.
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing abstracts for submission for HCV2018. Abstracts which are not correctly formatted will not be reviewed.
- The Title should not exceed 20 words.
- Name and affiliation of Presenting Author (this person will act as the main contact for this abstract)
- Name and affiliation of co-author(s) and confirmation that all authors have consented to the submission. Up to 15 authors and affiliations may be included on each abstract.
- The abstract text should not exceed 250 words (excluding the Title, Authors and Affiliations).
- Presentation type (Oral or Poster or Either)
- Graphics and tables cannot be submitted as part of your abstract.
- Presenting Authors are responsible for proofreading before submission. Please double-check content, layout and spelling before completing submission. Only the Presenting Author may edit the abstract(s) online until the submission deadline.
Notification of Acceptance
The abstract submission deadline is Monday, May 23rd 2018 at 23.59hrs (GMT). Presenting Authors will be notified of their acceptance status and format of presentation (whether Oral or Poster) on Friday, 22nd June 2018. Presenting Authors must inform any co-author(s) of acceptance.
The Organising Committee reserves the right to accept or decline any submissions and to select the presentation format i.e. Oral or Poster.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the HCV2018 Abstract Book.
Terms and Conditions
- The abstract submitted must follow the abstract submission guidelines outlined above.
- The Presenting Author must register for the Symposium prior to submitting their abstract in order to be eligible for review.
- The text of the abstract, including the names, affiliations will be included in the Book of Abstracts and on the Conference Website. It is the responsibility of the Presenting Author to ensure that there are no copyright issues when their abstract is available in the Book of Abstracts and on the Conference Website.
- It is the responsibility of the Presenting Author to submit the abstract. The Presenting Author is the main contact, whose responsibility is to communicate with other co-authors. All changes to be made to the abstract prior to the submission deadline must be made by the Presenting Author.
- The abstract submitted should be written in English.
- The abstract selection process will take into account whether the abstract material has been previously published and give priority to unpublished studies.
- The Presenting Author must be available to present at the conference between 8th and 11th October 2018.
- If an abstract cannot be presented at HCV2018, please notify HCV2018 Symposium Organisers ahead of the meeting.
For questions regarding abstract submission, please contact: HCV2018 Symposium Organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, 12 February
Abstract Submission opens
Wednesday, 23 May
Close of Abstract Submission and Early Registration Rates
Friday, 22 June
Notification of Oral Presentations and Poster Presentation