Visitor Attractions in Dublin
- Trinity College Old Library and the Book of Kells www.tcd.ie/library/old-library/
- National Museum of Ireland – Decorative Arts & History, Collins Barracks www.museum.ie/Decorative-Arts-History
- Chester Beatty Library www.cbl.ie
- National Gallery of Ireland www.nationalgallery.ie
- Dublin Castle www.dublincastle.ie
- Kilmainham Gaol www.kilmainhamgaolmuseum.ie
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral www.stpatrickscathedral.ie
- Marsh’s Library www.marshlibrary.ie
- Christchurch Cathedral www.christchurchcathedral.ie
- Dublin City Gallery/The Hugh Lane www.hughlane.ie
As well as your passport, you may need a visa to enter Ireland. It is the sole responsibility of the attendee to take care of his/her visa requirements.
In Ireland, the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service at the department of Justice (INIS) is primarily responsible for dealing with immigration and visa matters. Please visit their website (details below) and read the Visa pages carefully before making your application. If you require a visa to travel to Ireland you should submit your application at least 12 weeks before your planned travel date. For the purposes of your visa application you will need a Letter of Invitation from HCV2018 which will include all the details of the event and which will outline who is responsible for financing the trip, including accommodation costs i.e. the delegate. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Letter of Confirmation. A Letter of Confirmation can only be provided after you have registered for the Symposium.
Upon arrival in Ireland, holders of visas will be required to pass through an immigration check carried out by the Garda National Immigration Bureau (G.N.I.B.) who will check the reason for travel, grant or refuse entry to the State and specify the duration of stay permitted, which will be evidenced by a stamp in the traveller’s passport.
Please ensure that you have your Letter of Invitation, proof of accommodation and other supporting documents to hand to show to the immigration officer on arrival in Ireland.
Click on VISAS
Click Check if you need a visa
Click on Apply for an Irish visa
Click on Short Stay visas
Click on Conference or Event visa
Please read the pages of requirements carefully and allow 12 weeks to process the visa before you travel to Dublin in October 2018.
Please note that the conference secretariat will not contact embassies and consulates on behalf of visa applicants.
Friday, 31st August
Late-Breaker Abstracts Announcement
Monday, 24th September
Close of Registration